RSPH Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Safe Manual Handling for the Workplace
This Level 2 qualification provides candidates with knowledge and understanding of manual handling in the workplace both ashore and afloat. The course is suitable for general workplace hazards and control measures associated with manual handling and for everyone in employment or who has to undertake manual handling activities.
– Typical injuries and health problems from incorrect manual handling
– Hazards and risks of a variety of workplace scenarios
– The legal framework, duties and controls under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and maritime equivalents
– Employer and the employee responsibilities to contributing to a safe manual handling
– How regulations are implemented within the maritime world
– Examples of maritime hazards that may exist
– Practical manual handling principles, best practice in a number of applications.
There is a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful candidates will be awarded a Royal Society for Public Health Certificate that will be sent by post after the event.
Note: It does not include people moving skills although it provides a solid foundation of the principles for additional specialist training.
Duration: 0.5 day
Cost: £80 inc VAT per person
Please be aware that as this is a half day course, lunch is not provided.
Dates: Click to view availability