Book on one of our Upcoming RSPH Manual Handling Courses below. Future dates are available, please contact the office for details
RSPH Level 2 Award in Principles and Practice of Safe Manual Handling for the Workplace.
This Level 2 qualification provides candidates with knowledge and understanding of manual handling in the workplace both ashore and afloat. The course is suitable for general workplace hazards and control measures associated with manual handling and for everyone in employment or who undertake manual handling activities.
For all London courses, please see our London Course Dates page
Plymouth Price: £80
London Price: £96
Assumed Knowledge: None
Duration: 1/2 Day
- Course Notes Book
- Equipment Necessary for the Course
There is a written assessment at the end of the course. Successful candidates will be awarded a Royal society for Public Health Certificate that will be sent by post after the event.
- Typical injuries and health problems from incorrect manual handling
- Hazards and risks of a variety of workplace scenarios
- The legal framework, duties and controls under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 and maritime equivalents
- Employer and the employee responsibilities to contributing to a safe manual handling
- How regulations are implemented within the maritime world
- Examples of maritime hazards that may exist
- Practical manual handling principles, best practice in a number of applications
Courses are non-residential, so accommodation is required in one of the many hotels or guest houses near the Centre. We can provide a list of recommendations.
We hope that you can find the information you require on these pages, if you have any further questions, or require advice, please call us.