SeaRegs Training specialises in internationally recognised STCW, MCASQA and RYA courses plus Apprenticeship training. Training is conducted in week-long blocks either in Plymouth, London or at an employer’s base.
SeaRegs provide a personal and friendly experience offering sound advice and solid training. We are committed to ensuring that you gain the necessary skills and knowledge for your time afloat; we put a lot of effort into our courses’ design, so they are interesting, practical and engaging.
SeaRegs have been involved in the Training of instructors for National Maritime Authorities so we know the difference between good and poor instruction. The heart of any training centre is its instructors and we pick those who are not only experienced in their field but also who can teach and are down to earth, friendly and approachable.
How much will I get paid?
Apprentice salaries are at the discretion of your employer, with many employers paying more than the minimum government requirement. There are different rates of pay for apprentices depending on your age and what year of your Apprenticeship you’re in.
- Aged 16 to 18: The current National Minimum Wage rate for an apprentice is £4.15 per hour*
- Aged 19 or over and in their first year: The current National Minimum Wage rate for an apprentice is £4.15 per hour*
- Aged 19 or over and have completed their first year: Apprentices will be entitled to the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage rate for their age*
*Please note that these wages are adjusted by the government each April.
You will also be entitled to the same conditions as other employees working at similar grades or in similar roles. This includes:
- paid holidays
- sick pay
- any benefits your employer offers such as childcare voucher schemes
- any support that your employer offers such as coaching or mentoring
Your contract of employment should make it clear what wage you’ll pay your apprentice and for what hours.